The Bohemian Cafe has
been serving Omaha's hungry Czechs and non-Czechs since 1924. Louie
Marcala was chef-owner until 1947 when he sold it to Josef and Ann
(Kapoun) Libor and stayed on as head chef. Our grandparents, Babi and
Deda, operated the cafe at 1256 South 13th Street until 1959 when they
moved a half block south to our present location.
The site was a bank
(Bohemian S & L) and a grocery store (Amen's) so there were a
lot of changes to be made to get it suitable for a restaurant.